Better Home Products – BHP locksets, deadbolts and handlesets
Sierra Remodeling is a reseller of Better Home Products door hardware. Decorative and functional, Better Home Products, aka BHP, offers a wide variety of door hardware styles in many beautiful and contemporary finishes. These finishes include matte black, dark bronze, satin nickel, polished brass and chrome.
Kwikset door hardware
We also use Kwikset door levers, deadbolts, handlesets, and electronic locks in our remodeling and custom home building projects. Kwikset offers several innovative door lock products that enhance your home’s security and operating features:
Meet Kevo 2nd Gen
“In our home, people are constantly coming and going. Kevo tracks exactly who is locking and unlocking the door.”
“The Kevo app sends notifications when my kids get home from school. I love knowing they’re safe while I’m at work.”
“Halfway around the world, I can send our neighbor an eKey so they can make sure our home is safe.”
Schlage Door Hardware
Sierra Remodeling also offers Schlage innovative door hardware products!
Schlage Sense™ Smart Deadbolt
Add the Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter to your home and you can lock and unlock your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt from anywhere. Just use the free Schlage Sense app compatible with both iOS and Android smartphones.
The Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter allows your smartphone to lock/unlock your door from anywhere by creating a secure connection between your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt and the Wi-Fi network in your home. Set up is quick and easy with the Schlage Sense app.
Door Hardware Functions and Applications:
- Front door
- Garage door
- Sliding glass doors
What you need:
- The most common lock function for exterior door hardware is a keyed entry function. Locks with this function have a keyed cylinder facing the outside of the home and a thumbturn on the interior. When the door is locked, it can only be opened with a key from the outside. When the knob is turned from inside the home, and the thumbturn is unlocked, the door will open freely.
- Keyed entry locks are often used in conjunction with an auxiliary deadbolt for added security. A single cylinder deadbolt has a thumbturn on the inside and requires a key from outside. Double cylinder deadbolts use a key on both sides of the door. This application is often recommended for doors with glass panels. If an intruder breaks the glass he will not be able to reach in and unlock the deadbolt without the key.
- Many homeowners choose handlesets for their entry doors rather than knobs or levers. Handlesets use a deadbolt to provide a high level of security, and are available in a wide variety of styles to complement the home’s decor.
- A mortise or interconnected lock with a dwelling entry function is another option for exterior doors. This lockset features an integral deadbolt that is keyed from the outside and inside the home, both the deadbolt and the latchbolt are retracted by turning the knob. This allows for faster exit during an emergency.
- Closet and passage
What you need:
- Many homeowners will find that locks with a passage function are sufficient for most interior door knobs. This lockset has no cylinder and is freely operational from both sides of the door at all times. It is used on doors in hallways, closets, and other rooms where locks are not needed.
- Privacy locks are similar to passage locks, but they include locking using a push or turn button from inside of a room. They are used on bathrooms and bedrooms, where privacy is needed, and typically feature an emergency release mechanism on the outside.
- For home offices, we recommend using a free interior entrance lockset, which can be locked with a key from the outside. Occupants can freely exit the room at anytime without a key.
- If you have a storeroom or pantry that you need to keep kids out of, use a lock with a storeroom function. This lock is always locked unless opened with a key. When the door is closed, the lock automatically reverts back to a locked position. From inside the room, the door will open freely at all times to allow someone inside the room to exit.
Your company recently completed design and installation of kitchen cabinets in our home. We would like to express our appreciation for a job well done with special thanks to two of your employees:
Otto Richter – Otto worked closely with us making knowledgeable recommendations and modifying our sketches several times as we selected woods, colors, and finishes. He did an especially outstanding job in designing a non-standard accent cabinet that fits the available space and looks great. He is easy to work with and provides a clear and concise proposal/contract.
Bruce Sponcey – Bruce was the primary installer. We believe that due to his expertise and attention to detail we have an excellent cabinet installation. In addition to the normal installation and trimming of the cabinets our installation required enlarging both openings in the oven cabinet and extensive customizing for the accent cabinet. All efforts were expertly accomplished. He too, is easy to work with, he is punctual, and he has an outstanding work ethic.
Both of these individuals were interested in providing the best installation possible and are commendable representatives of your company.
Doing business with your company through these individuals has been a pleasure and we highly recommend you to our friends and neighbors.