OUR SOLID SURFACE COUNTERTOPS
HI-MACS New Color Proposal ‘Granite’ video
Corian, Formica and HI-MACS solid surface countertops
Solid surface countertops are a popular surface being used in kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects. Dupont Corian solid surface countertops have been around for over 50 years now, and a half-century birthday is one milestone that this surface material well deserves.
As the name implies, they are made from solid synthetic material which gives them many of their characteristics. The word solid in solid-surface does evoke the idea that this is a stable base, unlike bouncy laminates. But that is a peripheral meaning. The inventor Dupont’s true intent was to create a surface that was the same through-and-through. A homogenous product, Corian’s top is the same as its middle, and the middle is the same as its bottom.
Sierra Remodeling offers three lines of solid surface countertops – Corian, Formica and HI-MACS – for your kitchen and bath remodels. We have many Corian, Formica and HI-MACS solid surface samples to choose from at Sierra Remodeling. Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona!
What are Solid Surface Countertops?
Strengths and Weaknesses
Benefits & Strengths
- These are very hard, very durable countertops for the kitchen and bathroom. Unlike laminate, the solid surface’s material goes all the way through, from top to bottom. As a result, it resists impact better./li>
- Nearly Non-Porous: No surface is completely non-porous, but tile, quartz, and solid surface come as close to being non-porous as any countertop material. Solid surface’s extremely low porosity keeps bacteria away, promoting a cleaner and more sanitary countertop.
- Corian countertops are available in over 100 different colors as well as many patterns.
- Many of the looks are patterned after more expensive materials like granite, stone or quartz countertops.
- Because of the variety, these countertops can be used in virtually any style of kitchen or bathroom, working well in both traditional and contemporary homes.
- The surfaces of HI-MACS and Corian countertops is solid, tough and non-porous, making them very easy to clean and maintain.
- When custom made, solid surface countertops are made to present a seamless look in any kitchen or bathroom. Integrated sinks can also be produced with Corian, Formica, HI-MACS and other brands of kitchen and bathroom countertops.
- Corian countertops and other solid surface countertops are not as resistant to heat as stone or quartz countertops.
- These bathroom and kitchen countertops can also be scratched, but since they are solid in their color throughout, many scratches can be removed with careful sanding.
- In terms of cost, solid surface countertops are on the upper end of the price spectrum but are not as costly as quartz, concrete, granite or other stone countertops.
Who Should Consider Solid Surface Countertops?
Corian or HI-MACS countertops would be a good place to start your search but other brands such as Formica make very nice solid surface bathroom and kitchen countertops. Due to their ease of maintenance, they make a very good choice for busy families. Those with children might also consider solid surface countertops because they are so easy to clean.
We have many Corian, Formica and HI-MACS solid surface samples to choose from at Sierra Remodeling. Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona!
Scott Miller visited our home and carefully listened to what we said we wanted to do with remodeling our kitchen. We then visited the showroom to see the remodeling design and the cabinets. The design gave us everything we requested and more. He helped us choose the new sink and faucet. He was able to get the exact counter tops we wanted. When a couple of items arrived that were not right, he immediately contacted the vendor to get what was needed.
The work went swiftly, the men were always on time, were friendly, and cleaned up every day. Once the new cabinets were installed they placed the old counter tops on and re-attached the sink and faucet so that we could function until the new items arrived. I have already recommended this company to two friends and will to others.
The remodeling design was more than we hoped for after 25 years of saving to have “our” kitchen. The materials arrived quickly and the work went swiftly. A couple of cabinet doors needed to be replaced and that was taken care of right away. Somewhere in transit, part of the counter top was broken. The others were installed and the replacement came within two weeks. This was terrific in that this particular top is no longer made by the company and there was no supply stock — they were able to fix the broken top and it fits perfectly. The workers always arrived on time, were friendly, and cleaned every day. The plumber who was subcontracted was not as expected, but this company (Sierra Remodeling) immediately fixed the problems. Scott visited several times to make sure everything was going well and to ask for our input. Every item on our tick list was taken care of in a timely manner. Today, we have a beautiful kitchen with cabinets, counter tops, sink and faucet exactly as we had envisioned. We have already recommended this company to two friends which is unusual after most experiences with contractors.