OUR SOLID SURFACE COUNTERTOPS
HI-MACS New Color Proposal ‘Granite’ video
Corian, Formica and HI-MACS solid surface countertops
Solid surface countertops are a popular surface being used in kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects. Dupont Corian solid surface countertops have been around for over 50 years now, and a half-century birthday is one milestone that this surface material well deserves.
As the name implies, they are made from solid synthetic material which gives them many of their characteristics. The word solid in solid-surface does evoke the idea that this is a stable base, unlike bouncy laminates. But that is a peripheral meaning. The inventor Dupont’s true intent was to create a surface that was the same through-and-through. A homogenous product, Corian’s top is the same as its middle, and the middle is the same as its bottom.
Sierra Remodeling offers three lines of solid surface countertops – Corian, Formica and HI-MACS – for your kitchen and bath remodels. We have many Corian, Formica and HI-MACS solid surface samples to choose from at Sierra Remodeling. Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona!
What are Solid Surface Countertops?
Strengths and Weaknesses
Benefits & Strengths
- These are very hard, very durable countertops for the kitchen and bathroom. Unlike laminate, the solid surface’s material goes all the way through, from top to bottom. As a result, it resists impact better./li>
- Nearly Non-Porous: No surface is completely non-porous, but tile, quartz, and solid surface come as close to being non-porous as any countertop material. Solid surface’s extremely low porosity keeps bacteria away, promoting a cleaner and more sanitary countertop.
- Corian countertops are available in over 100 different colors as well as many patterns.
- Many of the looks are patterned after more expensive materials like granite, stone or quartz countertops.
- Because of the variety, these countertops can be used in virtually any style of kitchen or bathroom, working well in both traditional and contemporary homes.
- The surfaces of HI-MACS and Corian countertops is solid, tough and non-porous, making them very easy to clean and maintain.
- When custom made, solid surface countertops are made to present a seamless look in any kitchen or bathroom. Integrated sinks can also be produced with Corian, Formica, HI-MACS and other brands of kitchen and bathroom countertops.
- Corian countertops and other solid surface countertops are not as resistant to heat as stone or quartz countertops.
- These bathroom and kitchen countertops can also be scratched, but since they are solid in their color throughout, many scratches can be removed with careful sanding.
- In terms of cost, solid surface countertops are on the upper end of the price spectrum but are not as costly as quartz, concrete, granite or other stone countertops.
Who Should Consider Solid Surface Countertops?
Corian or HI-MACS countertops would be a good place to start your search but other brands such as Formica make very nice solid surface bathroom and kitchen countertops. Due to their ease of maintenance, they make a very good choice for busy families. Those with children might also consider solid surface countertops because they are so easy to clean.
We have many Corian, Formica and HI-MACS solid surface samples to choose from at Sierra Remodeling. Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona!
[Patio extension] [Room addition]
I am writing to let you know how much we enjoyed working with your employee, Scott Miller, during the planning and construction of our recent screened-in, extended patio project at our home in Winterhaven at Country Club Estates here in Sierra Vista.
From the time of our first meeting, Scott represented your firm with the utmost of professionalism, competency, and congeniality. Before selecting a contractor, my husband and I researched and interviewed six contestant firms. Scott had me at our first meeting.
He arrived at the appointed time (which we requested after our work hours, AND his), and had done his homework. He enthusiastically participated in the design of our extension, and offered suggestions that we hadn’t even considered. We had some special circumstances in that we had purchased a hot tub and had to increase the height of the structure (and the size of the planned doors) in order to accommodate the possible removal of the tub in the future. Scott’s response to that obstacle was, as always: “No problem, we can do it.” And he did! His drawings were FAR and above what any of the other contractors were able to develop, and once again, his competency and demeanor won us over. While you may consider his actions just “part of his job,” we certainly believe that he went over and above the demands of that job.
During the project, Scott kept us informed every day of developments, and listened attentively and patiently to questions and requests at all times. All City forms were submitted correctly and approved promptly, and he presented us with a complete package that satisfied the stringent Winterhaven Homeowners Association requirements with NO modification, allowing the schedule to be met.
Scott coordinated the services of all the required personnel expertly, including the men who poured cement for the foundation, the framers, the carpenters, the electrician, the drywall and stucco personnel, and the painters. He saw to it that all inspections were conducted (and passed) routinely. He got down on his hands and knees on a Saturday morning to help us design a tile pattern that would disguise the fact that we were not able to match our old tile. And, as my husband remarked to me on more than one occasion: Scott never failed to have something done when he said it would be, and he always had a can-do attitude. We’ve worked with quite a few contractors here in Sierra Vista, and I must tell you that the interest Scott showed in getting our project completed on time and to desired specifications is HARD TO FIND in the general population.
As you know, at the end of the day, of primary importance is the success of the project, measured by the satisfaction of the client. I can assure you that Scott’s project – which he designed and saw through to completion — turned out to be all and MORE than we expected. We are completely pleased with our new addition, and will enjoy it for many years to come. Furthermoe, I will be extolling to everyone I know how well your firm, and especially Scott, performed for us, including a testimonial on the Winterhaven website where, from time to time, our neighbors request information about contractors for home improvement projects.
Please extend our best wishes and thanks to Scott for his services, if you will. It was a pleasure doing business with your firm, and when we are ready to start another home project, we’ll call you first!