OUR SOLID SURFACE COUNTERTOPS
2017 HI-MACS New Color Proposal ‘Granite’ video
Corian, Formica and HI-MACS solid surface countertops
Solid surface countertops are a popular surface being used in kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects. Dupont Corian solid surface countertops have been around for over 50 years now, and a half-century birthday is one milestone that this surface material well deserves.
As the name implies, they are made from solid synthetic material which gives them many of their characteristics. The word solid in solid-surface does evoke the idea that this is a stable base, unlike bouncy laminates. But that is a peripheral meaning. The inventor Dupont’s true intent was to create a surface that was the same through-and-through. A homogenous product, Corian’s top is the same as its middle, and the middle is the same as its bottom.
Sierra Remodeling offers three lines of solid surface countertops – Corian, Formica and HI-MACS – for your kitchen and bath remodels. We have many Corian, Formica and HI-MACS solid surface samples to choose from at Sierra Remodeling. Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona!
What are Solid Surface Countertops?
Strengths and Weaknesses
Benefits & Strengths
- These are very hard, very durable countertops for the kitchen and bathroom. Unlike laminate, the solid surface’s material goes all the way through, from top to bottom. As a result, it resists impact better./li>
- Nearly Non-Porous: No surface is completely non-porous, but tile, quartz, and solid surface come as close to being non-porous as any countertop material. Solid surface’s extremely low porosity keeps bacteria away, promoting a cleaner and more sanitary countertop.
- Corian countertops are available in over 100 different colors as well as many patterns.
- Many of the looks are patterned after more expensive materials like granite, stone or quartz countertops.
- Because of the variety, these countertops can be used in virtually any style of kitchen or bathroom, working well in both traditional and contemporary homes.
- The surfaces of HI-MACS and Corian countertops is solid, tough and non-porous, making them very easy to clean and maintain.
- When custom made, solid surface countertops are made to present a seamless look in any kitchen or bathroom. Integrated sinks can also be produced with Corian, Formica, HI-MACS and other brands of kitchen and bathroom countertops.
- Corian countertops and other solid surface countertops are not as resistant to heat as stone or quartz countertops.
- These bathroom and kitchen countertops can also be scratched, but since they are solid in their color throughout, many scratches can be removed with careful sanding.
- In terms of cost, solid surface countertops are on the upper end of the price spectrum but are not as costly as quartz, concrete, granite or other stone countertops.
Who Should Consider Solid Surface Countertops?
Corian or HI-MACS countertops would be a good place to start your search but other brands such as Formica make very nice solid surface bathroom and kitchen countertops. Due to their ease of maintenance, they make a very good choice for busy families. Those with children might also consider solid surface countertops because they are so easy to clean.
We have many Corian, Formica and HI-MACS solid surface samples to choose from at Sierra Remodeling. Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona!
[Commercial office remodeling]
Renovations to begin on SEAGO’s new office location.
After many months of efforts to prepare the necessary plans, specifications and bid documents, SEAGO has successfully procured a general contractor to renovate its new office location at 1403 West SR 92 in Bisbee, Arizona. The project was first bid in February of this year, but only one bid was received and the proposed cost was nearly twice the amount budgeted for the project. The project was re-advertised in June and bids were opened on July 12th.
The low bid was from Sierra Remodeling and Home Builders, from nearby Sierra Vista, Arizona. After evaluating the bids, seeking clarifications on several items, selecting bid alternates, and checking the apparent low bidder’s references and records from the Arizona Registrar of Contractors, SEAGO issued a Notice of Award to the contractor in the amount of $134,457.61 on July 26th. A Notice to Proceed will be issued after SEAGO receives the required 100% Performance Bond, 100% Labor and Materials Bond, and executed contract documents from the contractor.
“Sierra Remodeling and Home Builders has a perfect record with the Registrar of Contractors, and all of their references raved about their responsiveness to customer concerns, quality work and customer service” said Randy Heiss, SEAGO’s Executive Director. “It took a long time and a lot of work to reach this point, and we are truly excited at the prospect of working with such a reputable firm and look forward to successful project completion” Heiss said.
SEAGO purchased the existing building and approximately 2 acres near the intersection of SR 92 and Melody Lane in October 2010. The contractor’s performance period is 120 days, so it is anticipated that this project will be completed by December. A grand opening will be held in January 2013 after SEAGO has settled into its new home.