OUR LAMINATE COUNTERTOPS
Laminate Countertops – Wilsonart | 4725K-52 Milano Brown | LC Bevel Edge Profile video
Sierra Remodeling offers two product lines of high quality laminate countertops, Formica and Wilsonart. Laminate countertops remain a very popular option for many kitchens and bathrooms because they are affordable and come in the widest possible range of colors and patterns. These kitchen and bathroom countertops offer excellent durability and value. Today’s laminate countertops include natural stone patterns that mimic the beautiful look of granite.
We have many Formica and Wilsonart laminate samples to choose from at Sierra Remodeling. Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona!
What Are Laminate Countertops?
This video introduces Wilsonart® HD® laminate countertops — the surprisingly smart alternative to granite. Sierra Remodeing provides the best in affordable design, technology and performance with scratch, stain and wear-resistant surfaces.
Choose from a beautiful palette of colors and designs at Wilsonart HD
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Laminate bathroom and kitchen countertops are made with higher quality than ever before. The process has been refined to make them more durable.
- They also remain one of the most affordable types of countertops available with prices far below those for granite, quartz, tile, etc.
- Laminates come in the widest selection too, with a large palette of colors, hundreds of patterns and designs, and now, textured surfaces too.
- For cleanup, there’s nothing easier than laminate countertops. The surface is solid, without pores, so a soapy washcloth or sponge is usually all that is needed.
- Laminate seams can be hidden more easily than most countertop seams.
- Laminate countertops can be more easily scratched than most surfaces so it is best to do any cutting in the kitchen on a cutting board.
- Laminate is not as heat resistant as other surfaces so hot pans should not be placed on laminate countertops.
- In the bathroom, if you use hot hair tools, avoid setting them down hot on your laminate bathroom countertops.
- If the laminate surface is scratched, burned or chipped, it is very difficult to repair.
- While there are many attractive laminate colors and patterns, some may still want the natural beauty that more expensive countertop materials such as granite or wood provide.
Who Should Consider Laminate Countertops?
Because of the color selection, affordability and versatility, laminate surfaces are also popular for home offices, laundry areas, workshops and other locations throughout the home. Most importantly, you should find the right kitchen countertop that suits your individual needs, and laminate is a good choice for those with a family that includes small children.
We have many Formica and Wilsonart samples to choose from at Sierra Remodeling. Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona!
Scott Miller visited our home and carefully listened to what we said we wanted to do with remodeling our kitchen. We then visited the showroom to see the remodeling design and the cabinets. The design gave us everything we requested and more. He helped us choose the new sink and faucet. He was able to get the exact counter tops we wanted. When a couple of items arrived that were not right, he immediately contacted the vendor to get what was needed.
The work went swiftly, the men were always on time, were friendly, and cleaned up every day. Once the new cabinets were installed they placed the old counter tops on and re-attached the sink and faucet so that we could function until the new items arrived. I have already recommended this company to two friends and will to others.
The remodeling design was more than we hoped for after 25 years of saving to have “our” kitchen. The materials arrived quickly and the work went swiftly. A couple of cabinet doors needed to be replaced and that was taken care of right away. Somewhere in transit, part of the counter top was broken. The others were installed and the replacement came within two weeks. This was terrific in that this particular top is no longer made by the company and there was no supply stock — they were able to fix the broken top and it fits perfectly. The workers always arrived on time, were friendly, and cleaned every day. The plumber who was subcontracted was not as expected, but this company (Sierra Remodeling) immediately fixed the problems. Scott visited several times to make sure everything was going well and to ask for our input. Every item on our tick list was taken care of in a timely manner. Today, we have a beautiful kitchen with cabinets, counter tops, sink and faucet exactly as we had envisioned. We have already recommended this company to two friends which is unusual after most experiences with contractors.