OUR GRANITE COUNTERTOPS
Review on Countertop Surfaces | Granite, Quartz, Corian, Laminate video
After discussing your needs, Sierra Remodeling frequently includes granite countertops as the recommended surface solution in your kitchen and bath design. After many years, granite remains one of the most popular countertop choices today since it is beautiful, natural, eco friendly, strong and durable and forever lasting when taken care of properly.
We have included a Granite Countertops Guide below. This guide explores all facets of granite surfaces and, it will help you decide if it is the right material for you and your family.
We are here to help! Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona!
Granite Countertops Guide
What You Should Know About Granite Countertops
Granite is comprised of many different minerals that give each countertop slab a unique and attractive appearance. For example, granite high in feldspar will have rich red or pink highlights. Mica produces brown or black veining while quartz gives pink, white or black hues to the stone.
The variations throughout the stone are considered desirable since they give the slab character and differentiate it from others. For this reason, it is important to select slabs quarried from the same stone to ensure that the color and amount of veining are similar.
When you go shopping for granite countertops, you’ll find a range of colors and “looks” to choose from, and matching the right shade and stone appearance to your design scheme is part of the fun.
Granite Countertops Pros and Cons
Granite Countertop Advantages:
- Among the most beautiful countertop materials
- Accentuate the good looks of quality kitchen cabinets
- Natural stone for those who want an eco friendly countertop
- Excellent strength and durability
- Resistant to scratches and damage from heat such as pans or hot hair tools
- Good stain resistance and easy to clean
- Increases the value and aesthetics of your home
Granite Countertop Disadvantages:
- Sealing of this porous stone must be maintained. (The good news is that granite countertops are now sealed at the factory with a finish that will last at least 5 years to 15 years or more. Resealing is affordable and easy to accomplish.)
- There are about 20 different colors varieties of granite while other materials are available in 100+ colors and patterns
- Corners could chip if a heavy object falls on them
Granite Countertops Cleaning, Care and Repair
Granite countertop cleaning and care:
- Use a damp sponge or cloth to clean minor spills and loosen dirt
- Avoid generic cleaners; Use only cleaning products formulated for use on granite countertops
- Use a stain remover pouch (formulated for use on granite) if stains occur
- As a precaution, use a hot pad or trivet under very hot pots or pans when placing them on the countertops
- Use a cutting board to prevent the sealer from being harmed by a sharp knife
- Place a plate or tray beneath liquid soap dispensers that leak
Are Granite Countertops Right for Your Home?
- Is the higher cost of granite countertops in your budget? While you can save money on cheaper grades of granite and inexperienced labor, most experts recommend using quality materials and a skilled installer with excellent experience. In both cases, you get what you pay for.
- How long do you plan to live in your current home? The longer you’re there, the better value granite becomes. With proper care, they’ll look and perform great while you’d be replacing cheaper countertops every 5 to 15 years.
- Is it important to you to use materials in your home that are environmentally friendly? Granite is an excellent choice because it is a natural material that requires less energy and the use of no harmful products to manufacture.
- Do you value elegant beauty? If you enjoy maintaining quality products rather than using and replacing items that aren’t as durable, then granite countertops will be a long-lasting pleasure.
We are here to help! Give us a call at (520) 459-3164 and schedule a visit to our showroom floor. We are located at 1840 S. Highway 92 in Sierra Vista, Arizona![testimonials display_content=full columns=1 showposts=1 order=asc orderby=rand]